The Popcorn Story by Ivan the Freelancer

The Popcorn Story Contents

Monday, March 29, 2010

YEAR OF TIGER, HIDDEN VALENTINE


What would happen if Chinese New Year was combined with Valentine and weekend? The answer was a flight on a jet plane to a place where families gathered with lots of red and pink ornaments. Gong Xi Fa Cai.

The Batavia’s bird of steel took me and my butterfly to a city called Batam. The trip through the clouds brought us to a city where my butterfly’s family resides. Batam welcomed us with sunny but windy weather and quiet roadways. I was wondering if Jakarta can be this quiet and peaceful.

I always dream of having my own house that I can call home, but this trip reminds me of the old saying, “Home is where the heart is”. Realize that no matter where we are, the place will always be homey if we share and bring our hearts along – because hearts don’t always have to reside only in your own house.

Many places to go, but only one heart to share. So make yourself at home, anywhere, as long as you bring your heart with you. And when two hearts become one, it is even better. Happy Valentine My Butterfly.

Ivan the Freelancer

No comments: