The Popcorn Story by Ivan the Freelancer

The Popcorn Story Contents

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MY FATHER’S CAR - Ivan’s Journal

It is my father’s legacy from the year of 1993. The dark metallic green Vitara. Discontinued from a long time ago but the next generations kept on rolling – the Escudo, Sidekick and Grand Vitara. A mixture between a sedan and a jeep, my father’s Vitara was bought from brand new and well maintained.

The Vitara was inherited to me since I was still in high school. The journey we had since high school to college and work – from alleys to highways – from beaches to mountains – from romantic to frantic. You took me to places. You make me see the world.

Lately since 2007, I knew that you tried to tell me something – something wrong with your engine. We visited the car mechanics so often. They performed so many engine “surgery” to you. It must be painful, I know. But you kept on rolling – Rolling although I “sense” that your performance was degenerating.

I had bad feelings about your health and I hate it when my bad feelings turned out to be true. Hurts me so bad when I hear they finally had to take down your engine. It took millions since 2007 to keep you rolling, but it is ok… You deserve it… But now (2009) it reached a point where I cannot afford to fix you anymore.

The cost hurt my pocket so bad that I had to release you – back to my father. I have failed to take care of you. I’m sorry… It may be our last time… Which I hope not… At least now you are in good hands…

Maybe we are not Sam Witwicky and Bumblebee – But from all the cars I love, you will always be my first car…

Thanks for everything…


Ivan the Freelancer

1 comment:

christian said...

i believe i remember this car....i've seen it before.... ;)