The Popcorn Story by Ivan the Freelancer

The Popcorn Story Contents

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

LOST IN DREAMWORLD - Ivan’s Journal


“Hello, anybody here?” I looked around everywhere and could not find anyone in this dark, cloudy and cold place. Remembered it was like Vienna in Europe, but never imagined it would be this quiet – few lights yet many dark alleys. Looks like the city had been abandoned. Knew I was lost and kept wandering pointlessly, hoping to find someone to guide me.

My instinct whispered – should find something or someone, but did not know what or who. Just keep on walking and running – bumping through walls and darkness – getting tired and disoriented. Never been here… How could I be here… Why? I did not know.

So I decided to find my own way… A map… I needed a map – began to search for signs or leads. Suddenly, I encountered a huge building with the lights on. The doors were locked tight, but wait… The lights were pointing out to something…

There was something near the doors – a silver bullet and a gun. Why were they lying here? I picked them up – knowing this place could be unfriendly. Remembered there was only one silver bullet but there were seven (or was it six?) chambers in the revolver. Quickly I reloaded the revolver with that silver bullet.

I looked around to find a way into the building. Probably there was someone living in it, considering the lights were on. Just about I was trying to knock the doors; I sensed someone was walking nearby… It was a man…

Our distance was quite far. First, I dared not call him, knowing it could be dangerous. So I stalked him from behind to see where he was going… Through the dark alleys we went.

But my feelings became very uneasy. I needed a guide – So finally decided to call him, “Excuse me. I am lost. Can you help me?”

The man stopped and turned. The mist surrounded him in the gloomy night. He did not answer. He just stood there, staring at me.

“Excuse me, I am lost. I need your help.” I repeated.

Suddenly he walked towards me… My eyes could not see very clearly through the mist. But as we got closer and closer, I realized that… It was NOT a man… It was something like this picture…

I was never been so scared in my life. The stares seemed to paralyze my senses.

As it just was about to jump me, my reflexes finally kicked in. I drew the gun and shot the silver bullet directly to it.

There was a sound of growling and wailing as its body rammed into me… We both fell down… My body felt numb… All I saw were puddles of water on the dark streets… Suddenly…

Suddenly I woke up…

My God, it was just a bad dream… I was sweating and shivering all over… A big – nasty werewolf.

Did I get him? Did I kill him?

What is the meaning of this dream? Too much movies?

I guess I will never know…

Ivan the Freelancer
(The pictures are for illustrations taken from Internet).

3 comments:

Maryadi Setiawan said...

terapkan prinsip kehati-hatian dan hasilkan yang terbaik dengan six sigma.........

Ana Yuliani said...

sometimes....
just take a break and forget about anything...
just flow & forget all the rules...

Ivan Mulyadi said...

Thanks Yadi and Ana. Don't know why I had this dream. But I'm glad it was only a dream :-)